Forward planning for your next project
Reap the benefits of design and planning
A lot of planning goes into every job we do. From the initial design, to knowing what materials we need, and even planning for the unexpected days when the weather just doesn’t play nicely.
We are also a business where you need to plan ahead with us. We have bookings well into next year, so if you, like most others, want something done before Christmas, then we’re sorry in advance.
You may also come across what we call the ‘yes’ men. They will say, “yes, we can do that”, but fall short in delivery, or worse still, take longer than you expect to get your job done.
A little bit of forward planning goes a long way.
It’s why we call ourselves Canberra’s landscaping professionals. We take on each job as a special project and communicate with you every step of the way.
Good gardening is all about design. And with good design comes a good plan.
It’s never too early to start with the plan, and you can contact us anytime to talk about where you want a paved area, a deck, garden beds or something out of the ordinary.
Our tips for planning your next project
- Talk to friends and family. Spend time in their gardens.
- Visit open gardens.
- Talk to your local nursery about suitable plants for your climate.
- Collect ideas for inspiration from lifestyle magazines, books and the internet, like Houzz and Pinterest (Dimension Gardenscape has a presence on both sites!).
- Know your budget. What you want to spend will shape some big decisions so make sure you share this with your landscaper.
Here are some other things to consider while planning:
- Does anyone use the garden that has disabilities or allergies?
- What time of day and on what days is the garden mostly used?
- How do you use the garden?
- How would you like to use the garden in the future?
- What features do you want – for example, Japanese, Australian native, English cottage?
- Will you need a utility area for a shed, composting or storage?
- Clothesline shape and size?
- Where will the bins be stored?
- Do you plan to collect rainwater or treat and reuse grey water?
- Where will cars be parked?
We also have a great section on our website to help you plan your garden.
Or you can simply talk to the team at Dimension Gardenscape and let us do all the hard work for you. It’s that small piece of advice that can really make a big difference.
You can also talk to us about getting an appraisal on your next project. Visit our website on how to contact us at Dimension Gardenscape, or phone us on 02 6297 9040.